I can’t believe that it’s December already! Christmas is almost here, which means that we’re also drawing closer to the party season! I have a few parties lined up in my diary, so I’ll be stocking up my wardrobe with lace and sequin, bodycon dresses and textured skirts! I’ll be sharing with you my top party survival tips in this post and do feel free to share your tips with me as well in the comment section below.
Other than the party itself, finding an outfit for the night is also a really fun thing to do. A popular place to find the PERFECT party dress is George at Asda. You’ll not only find the cutest and most affordable dresses on there, but they also sell gorgeous shoes and accessories to keep you shining all night! However, if you do spot something you like from George, you need to be quick as the most popular items on the website go really quickly! If you do end up shopping at George, then remember that their sizes are slightly larger than normal (from experience), so go a size smaller if you have to.
For this outfit, I decided go for a gleaming sequin theme, so I paired an All Over Embellished Top* with a Faux Animal Print A-line Skirt*. The top is very baggy, but once tucked inside the skirt, you wouldn’t suspect a thing! I also made sure that my party bag looked nice and shiny to match the overall look!
On top of making sure that I looked party ready for the season, George at Asda also challenged me to share my best Party Survival Tips. My tips below are more like a “party survival checklist”, so print the list out and tick them off for your big day! 🙂
Day before the party:
- ☐ Wash your makeup brushes – so they’re fresh and clean for the big day
- ☐ Deep cleanse with a face mask – so your skin looks dewy and flawless, not red and blotchy on the day
- ☐ Shave, thread, tweeze, bathe, pamper – whatever you need to do to look your best
- ☐ Apply nail polish – so you don’t have to wait for them to dry when you’re running around like a maniac on the day of the party
- ☐ Layout your whole outfit and have a backup outfit ready – just in case something snaps
Day of the Party:
- ☐ Bring safety pins and blister plasters – to prevent wardrobe malfunctions and blisters from wearing those stiletto heels
- ☐ Bring a tote bag with flats, leggings and a cereal bar – which you can store in the cloakroom, because once the party is over all you want is to stay comfy, warm and not hungry
- ☐ Bring a fully charged charging block – just in case your phone runs out of battery, which is not ideal when you’re trying to find the best route home
- ☐ Do wear glitter and sequin, so you can shine like a star on the dancefloor!
- ☐ Also remember to prepare a set of dance moves for when “your song” comes on, but you might want to start doing this a few weeks beforehand! 😛
I hope you like this outfit and feel free to share your top party survival tips in the comment section below! 🙂 If you want to hear more party survival tips, then remember to check out: #GeorgePartyTips on Twitter!
P.S. Sorry for the blurry photos. Apparently my “photographer” was shivering too much to take proper photos. 😛