First of all, I’ve just been accepted by Etail PR
, which I’m delighted about because I made a huge mistake in my application. Nonetheless, it went through rather quickly and I’m finally on board and I’m really excited to see what Etail PR Blogger Network
has to offer.
After scrolling through some of the brands they work with, I came across Hybrid Fashion
, which has some of the most gorgeous formal dresses I’ve seen. As I’m graduating this year, I thought these dresses would look beautiful underneath my black gown.
Everyone has different opinions when it comes to graduation outfits, but my top ten criteria are:
1. Dress to impress: there will lots of pictures taken so wearing something special is essential!
2. Dress formal: it’s a graduation ceremony after all, so short party dresses and floral summer dresses are out of the picture!
3. Stay comfy: I will probably end up wearing the same outfit for the WHOLE day, so it’s a smart move to pick something comfy to wear.
4. Sleek and simple: I’ve never worn a graduation gown before, but they look rather big and bulky! I’d wear something sleek and simple to avoid looking huge and messy underneath, so I’d avoid shapeless dresses and puffy dresses.
5. Think about the colour: a little black dress is not an option for me because it will become completely unnoticed under that huge black cape. I prefer a bit of colour showing through my graduation gown.
6. Right dress, right length: I hate short skirts and dresses because I feel that I have to constantly adjust them to avoid embarrassing myself. I’d avoid a maxi dress too because I would rather not trip and fall on my big day, so a midi dress it is!
7. Don’t forget shoes: I might end up wearing flats or wedges because I will be wearing them the whole day and I’d rather stay comfy than cry out loud with pain. If you do end up wearing stiletto heels, then do remember to bring a pair of flats too.
8. Necklace no thanks, safety pins yes please: a little tips from friends last year, bring safety pins to avoid being chocked by your own graduation gown collar.
9. Small bags: I’ll be bringing a clutch for my phone, money and makeup. My family can carry the rest…. haha, it’s the only day in my life that I’m allowed.
10. A happy graduate is a pretty graduate! Remember that your smile is more important than your outfit!
Wow, what a long list! Anyways, I’ve come up with three outfit ideas based on my personal preferences and the colour code of my graduation gown. All three dresses are from Hybrid
because their midi-dress range is just amazing! Among the celebrity graduates, I’ve been rather inspired by Kate Middleton and Emma Watson’s style, which is simple and classy! Anyways, I hope these graduation outfit ideas inspire you. 🙂
Outfit 1: Silver Chains and Cobalt Blue
Blue is my favourite colour and silver goes with the collar of my graduation gown. So why not combine them, they go nicely together. 🙂
Outfit 2: Going Royal with Black and Purple
Once again, I’ve chosen a colour that comes with my graduation gown, purple. This is slightly more conservative than the other two due to the black theme, hence I made sure that’s a pop of purple and silver it there.
Outfit 3: High Style Monochome
White will definitely stand out under a black gown. This outfit is very simple, yet it look expensive because it’s basically made up of satin, leather, silver and pearl.
Hope you like these outfits and that they inspire you to chose your perfect graduation outfit. I must say that I’m quite pleased with the monochrome one, but which one is your favourite?